Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 ounces (85 g) goat cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Coat a pie pan with 1/2 teaspoon of melted butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, 2 ounces (57 g) of goat cheese, and heavy whipping cream in a bowl until creamy and smooth, you can use a blender to make it easier. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and saute scallion and mushrooms for 2 minutes or until tender. Add and saute scallion and mushrooms for 2 minutes or until tender. Add and saute the spinach for another 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the pie pan, and use a spatula to spread the mixtures, so it covers the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture. Top them with the cherry tomato halves and remaining goat cheese.
- Place the pie pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until fluffy. You can check the doneness by cutting a small slit in the center, if raw eggs run into the cut, then baking for another few minutes.
- Divide the quiche among four platters and serve warm.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 21 g