Preparation Time: 30 min
- 8 lamb scallops, cut from the leg (80 g each)
- 150 g mozzarella
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 40 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small hot pepper
- 4 tbsp finely chopped herbs (Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, Oregano)
- 150 g pickled onions (in a jar)
- 2 small carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 400 ml lamb broth
- Place the lamb scallops individually between 2 sheets of clingfilm and pound gently until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the filling, drain the mozzarella well and cut into small cubes.
- Peel off the shallots and garlic cloves and dice finely.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Halve the peppers length ways, remove the stalks, seeds, and membranes, cut finely.
- Mix everything with the herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- For the sauce, peel the carrots, drain the onions, clean the celery, cut the carrots into small sticks, and slice the celery.
- Spread the scallops next to each other on a work surface and spread the filling evenly on top.
- Fold the sides of the scallops and roll them up, starting from the narrow side.
- Tie the roulades with kitchen twine, season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the lamb rolls in it. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes, turning constantly.
- Add the vegetables, sauté briefly and add the sprig of rosemary.
- Pour everything into a saucepan, pour the lamb stock into the pan, bring to the boil briefly.
- Pour over the rolls and continue to stew for about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the rolls on a plate, add the sauce and vegetables. Serve with polenta.
Nutrition facts (Per Serving)
- Kcal: 463
- Protein: 40.2 g
- Fat: 29.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g